Thursday 20 April 2017

Magazine Review: Making Improvements





Text: 
From my feedback, it became clear that my target audience did not believe that my original draft looked professional. The main cause of this appeared to be the font of the text on my page. I therefore downloaded a font online that gave a handwritten appearance. I used this font for both the title of the page, the text below it and the release date displayed at the bottom of the page. This therefore made the overall page link to the genre of coming of age. I also included a large font for the first letter of the article as this is a common feature within many magazines and therefore makes the page look more professional. 

I also received feedback that the article was not entirely easy to read. To solve this issue I placed a black text box behind the text, then increased the translucency of the box in order to create a more professional look. I also used the hyphenate command in InDesign to ensure the text was easier to read. 

Further Adjustments: 
Again, in order to achieve a more professional look, I enlarged the background to ensure that it overlapped the bleed lines of the page. This therefore ensured that the there will not be a white boarder should the page be printed. I also added further details such as the blue text box in the bottom left corner. The bright blue of the box contrasts the warm tones of the page, therefore making it stand out. This was something I found was consistently used in the magazines I analysed and thus I believed I should include it. I also found that critical acclaim was a common aspect among magazine film reviews, and therefore I included a 5 star icon after the article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment