Tuesday 4 April 2017

Ancillary Research: Magazine Review - Consolidation of What I Found

One of the most prominent features I found from my magazine research was the inclusion of a screen grab from the film. I found that each of the magazine pages I used for analysis included one or more images of a moment of action within the film. The images chosen typically provide an indication as to what the narrative or genre of the film is. For example, in the Empire Magazine review of 'Wanted', the images strongly suggest that the film belongs to the action genre and may contain violent scenes. Therefore I will be including at least one screen grab of an action scene within my own film, that may connote the genre of the film and perhaps some elements of the narrative.

Something that was also clear in my research was the use of a consistent colour scheme within the page. For example, in the 'St. Trinians' review there was a consistent use of blue and cool toned colours. However, in some reviews, the title of the page was put in a different colour, so that contrasted the overall colour scheme. This can also be seen in the 'St. Trinians' review as review title was displayed in a bright yellow text box. This therefore highlights the purpose of the page and makes important information clear to the reader.

Other features I have consistently found throughout my analysis of magazine reviews, is the use of quotations, and critical acclaim. This varies throughout the reviews, however they are generally included to entice the audience and make the film appear more entertaining. Further information may also be included. For example in the 'Wanted' review, a text box was included that featured key facts about the film's institutional information. Therefore, for my own review page, I will consider including critical acclaim along with further information about the film, as to create interest within my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment